04 May 2009

April, oh April, where didst thou go?

I remember dyeing Easter Eggs: in fact, I found the last missing one (yes, a real one), inside just yesterday. No smell until the little one smashed it into pieces.




I remember Easter Sunday: getting dressed up for church, singing the Hallelujah Chorus, rejoicing because we serve a RISEN savior, celebrating the holiday with 60 other family members, hunting for eggs and flying kites.







Ahh...my kitchen is back in functioning order. There are still the little things to do: lights, some electrical, crown moulding; but the cabinets are in, the countertops are beautiful and the dishwasher is functioning!







I even had help unpacking the boxes!








No more green shag carpet, no more subfloors...we have beautiful hardwood floors, great for blanket rides, sock ice skating, and monster truck races.






But that also means no more writing on floors: did you catch that kids? ALL of you...




Oh, yes...Now I remember where April went: I was in a fog, in a daze, in a cloud of exhaustion, sickness and surprise. We were blessed to discover that we will be bringing another little one into this world in late October/early November. Thirteen weeks down; perhaps the sickness will begin to subside and the milkshake cravings will set in...


In the meantime, I'm going to count my blessings, not the least of which include these three wonderful people who fill my life with great joy!



4 comments:

Childress Family said...

So great to see you today and hear your news!

Paula said...

Beautiful countertop, sink, flooring...you are going to have such a lovely home! Can't wait to see it and all of you. I'm a bit jealous that Marie gets to see you in person (from the comments). Also, I'm thinking that you are truly a superwomen in that you managed to make a baby in the middle of the remodel, sickness, etc.:)

Paula said...

If you know what I mean...

June said...

Wow! Congratulations on the news. It is so exciting to read about your homeowner adventures.