20 January 2010

11, 13, 3...

What do these numbers have in common? They are, from oldest to youngest, the age in months at which my children slept more than, say, three hours at a stretch at night. I still recall to the day (September 18) the first time Andrew slept seven hours at night...I woke up in the middle of the night in cold sweats, thinking he was dead. Marcail may have actually slept through the night because I forgot to turn on the baby monitor and made her cry it out. Most likely I was pregnant with our third and so exhasuted that I just never heard her!! But Ethan...sweet little Ethan...born five weeks early, weighing almost a pound more than his brother...sweet Ethan is a great sleeper. And this week, we've been averaging six-seven hour stretches of sleep at night. Now, if I could only learn to stay on top of laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. and get to bed on time!!

No comments: