06 February 2010

Outside the snow is falling...




...and falling and falling and falling. The media is referring to it as snowmageddon, the snowpocalypse, a blizzard of epic proportions. Washington, DC, has shut down; the postal system is not delivering mail; our church services for tomorrow were cancelled as of 9 am yesterday, before the first flakes fell. It's a little piece of heaven, if you ask me. The wintery white world forces us into a gentle rhythm of life. Yes we'll continue to attack the shoveling even as the snow falls, but already, we find ourselves slowing down to just enjoy.

It's homemade bread (from here: http://morganmoore.typepad.com/one_more_moore/2007/03/amish_country_b.html) and potato soup, fires in the fireplace, reading books while munching monkey bread, movies and sewing, just sitting and staring at the precious babe in my lap. Oh my, how I love this snow that forces us all into a slower pace of being.

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

No comments: