13 February 2011

I've forgotten...

...just how destructive a 15 month old can be. Everything is a toy; toilet paper, silverware, Wii remotes, telephones, washing machines, coins, diapers, shampoo, nothing is off limits. And so I spend my days following the trail left by this one:

But just one look at that adorable grin and my mommy heart melts. I've forgotten all about the destruction!
I've forgotten...

...how much fun it is to watch a 15 month old learn. Little E mimics everything we do. Last night I was labeling the tops of paint cans at my parents and within seconds, he had secured a pen and was trying to write on top of them, just like mommy. Today, he was holding a Wii remote in the exact same position as daddy, jumping up and down while staring at the TV. And my favorite...he's learned what Nerf guns are for. Little E's morning routine involves climbing downstairs to the basement family room, opening the drawer where our Nerf guns are stored, loading a dart and bringing mommy the gun to cock for him. It's extrememly funny to watch...he'll stand in front of our targets (this week, -AR, -ER, -OR, -IR, -UR) and shoot. Before I know it, he'll be a better shot than me (and will probably have learned more phonics at an earlier age too!).

No comments: