02 March 2009

SNOW DAY


Our world, at 7 am...peaceful, silent, snowy, still, beautiful. I stand in awe of thousands of tiny snowflakes falling to the earth, covering the ground in beauty.



7:45 am: Andrew and Daddy enjoy a good snowball fight while shoveling the driveway before daddy has to report to work, two hours late.


11:30 am: a tradition in the Holloway household. On the first snow day of the season, my mom made homemade donuts while my cousins and I were sledding on goat hill; a tradition that I am more than happy to carry on and share with my own children (minus the sledding on goat hill).

~2:00 pm: donuts are cut with fun cookie cutters by Andrew and mommy and are ready for their second rise of the day.

3:45 pm: the oil is hot and the donuts are a'fryin. Daddy walks in the door to yummy hot goodness right out of the pan.

Can you see why we LOVE snow days?

1 comment:

June said...

Yummy. Happy snow day!