05 June 2009

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!

Another rainy morning here in Northern VA and mommy is going a little stir crazy!

We've played endless games of hide and seek, made three new batches of kool-aid playdough and embarked on, not one, but two art projects: watercolor letters and splatter painting in the rain. Puzzles have been brought out, train tracks built and I've lost count of how many books we've read. How many more hours till naptime? :-) And sun, when will you come back?




One of our watercolor projects: A for Andrew. M for Marcail, D for Daddy and G for Grandma are all drying as I write.
Oh and before I close, let's talk about the recent conversation I had with Andrew regarding work and life and babies: "Mommy when I'm 7 I want to be a farmer and drive tractors." When he's 14, he wants to be a mailman but that's short lived because at 15, he wants to be a pirate. Somedays I think maybe we read too many books, especially since Delphinium Twinkle is the name he's chosen for the baby if it's a girl. And Gideon Wilbur if it's a boy. We'll get back to you on those, son!

1 comment:

Paula said...

LOVE those names - hope she's a girl. I like Delphinium Twinkle.

Sure wish we were close enough to share projects, books and coffee. I've been wanting to read the Ministry of Motherhood and do the watercolor letters!