31 January 2011

Confession Time

I have a confession to make: I am scared to death of going to the dentist. Blame my father; I've inherited his horrible gag reflex and bad teeth. It's not all in my head; as a child I would often get sick while they were working on my teeth; as an eighth grader, they went to pull a tooth before the novocaine took effect, as an adult, they started drilling before I was numb...I really don't like the dentist.

I say this, because I made my husband schedule an appt for me since I can't bring myself to do it. I asked him to do the dirty deed this morning and when did he schedule my appt: tomorrow! Really, my heart is racing, my palms are sweaty and I'm already planning my defense when I get told I don't floss enough, brush well enough or come often enough. Aghhh...I really dislike the dentist.

The worst thing is, my poor little E seems to have gotten the genetic predisposition for bad teeth from my side of the family. Already my baby has what we think is enamel hypoplasia; where the enamel on his teeth is not properly formed. I'm sorry sweet boy...sorry that while you look just like your pop pop, you also got his teeth issues!

No comments: