11 January 2011

I can't Make this stuff up!

Today, after pulling apart a pompom, Andrew says to me:

I've taken the tuft from the Truffula tree...now when you have another baby and learn to knit, you can knit a sunbonnet for the baby, like Baby Carrie had. And then, we can have another one, that'll make seven, and I'll find another truffula tree and that baby can have an orange sunbonnet.

No, I'm not pregnant!

The little idiosyncracies that he pulls from the books that we read amazes me. We leap from couch to chair, pretending to be the panther chasing a horse (his sister) from Little House in the Big Woods. We collect taxes like the Sheriff of Nottingham and store tangerines in our backpack in search of an adventure just as the narrator of My Father's Dragon.

Life is never dull when you have a five year old who loves his books!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Ha! This is good stuff Andrew. We need to play!

So M, is the knitting or the baby next? Seven is a nice number. I'm really enjoying your updates.

I signed you up for the 16th and 31st on our prayer calendar. I can't wait to come your way. DC is on our list in the next 6 months, but no set dates as of yet.