14 October 2008

“For I know whom I have believed and I’m convinced He is able to guard what I’ve entrusted to Him for that day.” 2 Timothy 1:12



...FOR THAT DAY...for that day. Daily I have to remind myself that God is here now, in this moment, in this struggle to discipline Andrew or potty train Andrew; He's here encouraging me while I encourage Marcail to sleep through the night. He knows when her teeth will come through, when she'll finally be free of the pain and misery of teething. He is here now; He knows where we'll live, whether or not the septic/sewer issues will be resolved in "our house". So why do I need to long for that day in the future WHEN...

I've been listening to "Worship in the Waiting" by FFH and the lyrics really caught my attention this week as I've struggled with living in the moment, enjoying today and all the good that surrounds me.

I will worship and not grow bitter cause I know you see the end of it all
and with the spring will come the rain and I'll see what was gained in the waiting

I know you see the end of it all...that encourages me. My time should not be wasted on wishing these precious moments away.

Speaking of precious moments -- my Andrew line for the day: While asking for a pumpkin whoopie pie, "Mommy, can I have a woofie pie?"

2 comments:

Paula said...

Woohoo! You know that I've been waiting for this. How WONDERFUL to hear your voice in your writing. SO glad to know you are smiling in your exhaustion.:) Thanks for talking awhile back, lets do it again sooner than later.
Love, Paula

Childress Family said...

Hi! Found you on Paula's blog. Now I can stalk you. :-) Haven't seen you at CBS, but maybe we just haven't crossed paths lately. Been meaning to call or email about getting together. When do you move?