12 November 2008

Happenings...

We are in the midst of packing:



There are boxes everywhere and enough questions to match the amount of boxes in the house. Do I need to pack this? What are the odds that I'll need this?

Will I be in a house that's mine before Christmas? Before Valentine's Day? Before my birthday?

What toys can I pack away? What books should I take?


This move has me unsettled...in so many ways. Emotionally I'm told I'm handling it with grace and yet I feel as if I could sit in a corner and cry for a good day. I'm tired, the whole family is in various stages of sickness, packing boxes is so much fun with two young children (note to self, cell phone should not ever be put on vibrate lest I don't hear it ring when it's "packed" in a box by my kids) and physically, I have no idea how long it will be till we're settled. Why is it that I want to be settled?



Does God call us to be settled? These are the questions I find myself facing as I deal with life and all that it's throwing at me right now. I don't have answers, only questions. And the reassurance of heaven. And so, as I question "WHY" in the midst of packing boxes, I say a quick prayer of thanks for the gift of salvation and a very long prayer begging God to speak to my children's hearts that they too may receive this very precious gift.


In the midst of all of this chaos, we have found some time to enjoy the weather. Both kids love raking leaves and jumping (crawling) through them. I love these two...their zeal for life, their enthusiasm, their laughter, their smiles and their hugs. I am a blessed woman!




2 comments:

Paula said...

M~
How I wish I could have come and sat in the corner and cried the day away with you! Where will you live between now and your house? Do you need a place to visit?!

When we went to the dentist we received a tube of Tom's strawberry toothpaste. Em loves it and we have very little struggle now. Sadly, I didn't really believe that she hurt so much. I just thought she was trying to get out of brushing. Oops!
Love you, Paula

Heather said...

I think i remember your house with boxes the last time we visited. It just has to stop! haha
It's so great seeing you and your children!