24 November 2008

What's a mom to do?

Marc is teething...which translates into a cranky, clingy, crying child 24/7. Andrew is worn out from the non-stop, on the go pace we've been keeping and wants to be held, read to, cuddled with...all the time. So, what's a mom to do when she needs to fix dinner, make a casserole for dad's potluck holiday dinner and clean up? Make cookies, of course!

Because, when there are two beaters with cookie dough and two kids, Mom can get at least ten minutes of peace and quiet. Hallelujah!






Just for you, our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. The vanilla pudding makes them so moist and chewy and yummy good!
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package (3.5 oz.) vanilla instant pudding
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
12 oz package chocolate chips
Cream butter, sugars, vanilla and pudding mix. Beat in eggs, Add baking soda and flour until mixed. Stir in flour. Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto cookie sheets and bake for 8-9 minutes at 375 degrees.
Happy Thanksgiving friends!
This year I am so very thankful for my dear husband whose strength I lean on daily; my two beautiful children who make me laugh with their antics and daily shower me with their unconditional love; and my Jesus for even when life is full of stuggles, there is joy in the journey!


No comments: